Sunday, August 25, 2013

Scotland - April 2001

In April 2001, a relative's business trip brought me to Glasgow, Scotland for five days. This was my second trip to the region. Sites visited included Glasgow, Loch Lomond (where I did a lake cruise), and the town of Balloch. As a side trip, I also traveled down the M74 motorway south to the Lake District in northern England, and the town of Keswick.


View of shoreline from the lake cruise on Loch Lomond.












Castle visible on Loch Lomond, taken from the lake cruise boat.















Scenery visible near Crawford in southern Scotland.













Keswick, England, and the River Greta, as viewed from Fitz Park. Keswick is located in the heart of the famed Lake District.











Downtown Keswick, England.















Art House Hotel in Glasgow where I stayed.












Amazing view of Lake Manicouagan in northern Quebec, Canada, visible on the flight from Great Britain back to the U.S. This huge annular lake is thought to have been formed by a meteor impact many millions of years ago. The lake is in a remote area and this airplane view is the only way I am likely to get to see it.






No comments:

Post a Comment